We are looking to employ an energetic, solutions orientated individual in our retail store support environment. As a store support technician you will be working alongside various teams within Pepkor IT to make sure our POS system runs smoothly and consistently across all our brands in South Africa as well as neighbouring African countries the business operates in. As part of the role, you are accountable for store staging and on-time opening of new stores. You also need to be at the forefront of new technology in the retail environment and provide ongoing support to mitigate business risks where trading or administration may be affected from a system perspective.
You will also be assisting the Businesses to drive projects from a planning phase where initial research and documentation is required to ensure the efficient delivery and handover of projects and processes to the business and extended support teams.
- Stock management
- Research and development on POS equipment (hardware & software)
- Management/monitoring of polling environment (Remoteware)
- End-to-end management of the new store staging process
- Project assistance/management
- Support to other Helpdesk teams
- Standby on a rotational basis
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Deadline driven
- Able to work independently/self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- IT qualification (minimum IT diploma).
- A minimum of 3 years hardware / software support to end-users.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Windows
- Excellent working knowledge of computer hardware and operating systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of networking (TCP/IP protocols essential).
- Excellent organizational skills and prioritization.