PML supports the process to manage product design from concept to sourcing and delivery.
What is PLM
The system supports the process to manage product design from concept to sourcing and delivery. It allows the buyer to submit technical designs, request samples and initiate price negotiations as well as discussions regarding a particular product, which the supplier is then also able to respond to via the Portal application, which can be accessed from anywhere in the world. In essence, the system functions as a central repository for all communication between the buyer and supplier, which enables business to perform detailed analysis and implement future measurements on product specifications and price negotiation information.
GAPS prior to PLM:
- No standardized sourcing workflow existed within the company.
- Lack of source data analysis. All communication between buyer and suppliers were stored in emails.
- Limited visibility of supplier price negotiation process.
- Standardized sourcing process.
- Central repository for all communication between the buyer and supplier.
- Tracking of price negotiations between the buyer and supplier.
- Supplier Communication platform.
Future benefits gained:
- Improvement on Perfect Order Fulfillment.
- Earlier visibility of quality control problems.
- Buyer to buyer handover is less difficult as all the information is stored on the system.
- Supplier miscommunication is decreased as all information is available to the buyer and supplier on the system.
- Transparent price negotiation process. All suppliers are given an equal opportunity.
Number of users utilizing the PLM system:
- Fashion Office Designers: 4
- Garment Technologists: 12
- Buyer Assistants: 26
- Buyers: 38
- Suppliers: 463