The Pepkor group, manages a portfolio of retail chains focused on the value market and selling predominantly clothing, footwear and textiles. Its main operating subsidiaries are PEP and Ackermans in South Africa. The group trades from more than 4 000 stores and employs close to 38 000 people. As the group continues to grow, a central role to assist in the growth of its online strategy has emerged.
We are currently searching for inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, digital-thinking, ambitious and looking for the challenge to transform an industry.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience as a designer and front-end developer
- Photoshop, Sketch or equivalent experience
- Appreciation of User Experience, and the ability to wireframe web and mobile interfaces.
- Appreciation and understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Solid experience in jQuery
- Solid experience in XHTML, HTML5 and CSS3
- Solid experience in CSS3 animation techniques and working with SVG graphics for web
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Knowledge and experience cross browser and cross device compatible solutions especially for mobile
- Experience with CSS pre-compilers such as LESS or SASS
- Experience using a source control solution such as GIT
- A high level of familiarity with server-side integration
- Strong understanding of accessibility; the standards, patterns and approaches that enable web access for all users, irrespective of browsing technology
- PHP experience
- Linux experience
- Data visualisation using Google Charts or d3.js
- Experience with front-end frameworks (Semantic UI, Foundation, Bootstrap)
- Experience writing front-end unit tests
- Full stack experience of any sort is a huge plus!
- Has worked within an agile development team using scrum/kanban
- Ability to mentor, train and inspire junior front-end devs.
Our work makes a significant impact in our clients customers lives and we want to make sure we maintain and grow that positive impact, through exceptional, cost effective execution. We believe everything is digital and we need exceptional people to help us merge the online and offline worlds.
To complement the Pepkor IT Customer + Digital team dynamic the candidate should have:
- Sense of humour
- High degree of motivation and professionalism
- Ability to get along with different personalities
- Thrives in a changing, dynamic environment
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Proactive and assertive
- You must be able to work in a very agile environment
- You want to join an energetic, focused and dynamic team
- You have a can do attitude and a strong work ethic to prove it
- End user orientated/focused
- Enjoy having fun at work