If you enjoy challenging the status-quo and are a natural leader, we would like to hear from you, as you will be playing a vital role in the decisions of future data architecture and technology. The primary focus of this position is to lead a team of ETL developers. You will need to form relationships on different levels and be helpful and supportive to your team and fellow leaders.
- Leading a team of ETL developers. This involves being available 24/7 to assist the team
- Lead the design, optimization, improvement and implementation of current datawarehouses and future BI/Analytics data architectures.
- Involve in the technical investigations for future BI/Analytics data technologies.
- Carry out continuous investigations into improving the current datawarehouses and future BI/Analytics data technologies.
- Make sure sensitive data is protected.
- Ensure that proper monitoring and maintenance is in place on all current datawarehouses and future BI/Analytics data environments.
- Ensure that standards are documented and maintained on BI/Analytics environments.
- Ensure change control is in place for BI/Analytics environments.
- Assist team with performance tuning.
- Lead and direct the works of others.
- Develop standards and best practices.
- Contact with vendors and partners for technical support.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- The natural tendency to take ownership and responsibility.
- The ability to make quick, sound decisions.
- The ability to form relationships with fellow leaders.
- Consider the bigger picture as well as the detail, when making decisions.
- Strong problem solving, effective planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be motivating, inspiring and influential.
- Above all, be Passionate about what you do.
- Formal tertiary qualification will be to your advantage.
- +- 10 Years of ETL and datawarehouse design experience.
- Oracle PLSQL experience.
- Experience in the listed responsibility areas will be to your advantage.